+view boring mobile edition

Sex, Intrigues and Incest in ABS-CBN's "Nasaan Ka Elisa?"

Monday, September 12, 2011 comments powered by disqus

It's been a while since a local time slot captured my interest. And those shows were not local productions. They were Ghost Fighter and Meteor Garden. My eternal hallucinations of everlasting youth and the mushy mushy me. And later tonight, I will be anticipating another show, again.. and after a long time of none. It is "Nasaan Ka Elisa?" (Where are you, Elisa?)

I had the privilege, if you want to call it that way.. Of seeing it some months ago while it was in its infancy period. While it was still in the timeline of Avid Media Composer, the editing software ABS-CBN is using in TV Prod. News and Current Affairs, they told me, is using Final Cut. I was also able to view some of the episodes of the original Chilean telenovela "Donde Esta Elisa?" And boy! Absurd edit but fuckin' mature story. My good friend Yog Macan, who supervises the post production was quick to point out that in translating the Chilean telenovela, it should be tamed somehow to suit the sensibilities of Pinoy audience. But rest assured, he said, that its sharpness, hotness and boldness are intact. Somehow, at least. Plus, they have some edit improvements.

Sex, drama, intrigues and incest.. I was quick to doubt his "press release" hehe :) 
,But I know him. So that makes me biased. But I know him that he can outright say lame if it is. Even if it is his own program. Same with me and the rest of mah friends that we can tell honestly if it sucks or not. Even our own programs. Or at least, that's what I like to believe.

Honestly, I still have my doubts. That a local series to be aired in one of the most mainstream networks can air a brave theme of sex and incest. But these doubts will not stop me from watching the pilot episode later. In fact, I am waiting now.

What's this?

You are currently reading Sex, Intrigues and Incest in ABS-CBN's "Nasaan Ka Elisa?" at our daily bore.

meta

comments powered by disqus

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...