+view boring mobile edition

Lebron James Deserves an NBA Championship Ring. But Not Now.

Monday, June 4, 2012 comments powered by disqus
























July 9, 2010. Lebron James was announcing to the world that the "Three Kings (LBJ with D Wade and Bosh)" came down to Miami to win championships. 

ERIC REID: We know you guys are going to enjoy the sun and the fun and all the spoils of South Florida. But we also know you Three Kings came down here to win championships, not one. Championships.

LEBRON JAMES: Not two.

ERIC REID: Tell us about that.

LEBRON JAMES: Not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven. Hey, and when I say that when I say that, I really believe it. I'm not just up here blowing smoke at none of these fans, because that's not what I'm about. I'm about business. And we believe we can win multiple championships.
And was added:

LEBRON JAMES: ..Once the game starts, I mean, It's going to be easy.

DWYANE WADE: It's going to be amazing to be on the court, to know that connection that we have. ..And you know it's time to turn it on. So I feel sorry for whoever gotta guard both of us.
June 4, 2012. About 12 hours ago, this Boston Celtics fan just finished watching thru free live stream the NBA Eastern Conference Finals. The Heat had 2 chances to take game 4 from the Celtics - and came up empty both times. Boston blows big lead but survives Miami in OT to square series.

     My phone keeps receiving messages during the game. A good friend, Ledz, insisted that the Miami All Stars with their youth and athleticism will overpower Boston. That my favorite team is too old for this grueling series. Almost a template that I am replying that Celtics' experience, resilience and great D can carry this team to another shot at victory. The heart of a champion! Yes, a chance. An opportunity.

     For all it's worth, James deserves to win an NBA title. Jess, another good friend, mentioned to me that phrase. And I agree. Because Lebron is very talented and I think he's a nice guy. Until now.

     Yes, he became one of the most hated NBA players after abandoning Cleveland but why hate him for it? You see his demeanor in and outside the court. And he's not bad. I guess. But saying that he will bring not less than 7 or 8 championships to South Florida, for me, is way too much of a bravado. Of course, NBA players need some kind of panache. Iverson, Kobe, KG.. You name them and you will remember the confidence and attitude. But did they ever mention what Lebron said? 

     James thinks that three stars can make a champion team. And he loudly announced it. Oh boy! How about chemistry and team work?

     I agree with Jess. LBJ deserves a ring. But not now. He deserves it when he's ready. When he learns the lesson. The day when he finally finds the true meaning of what he's looking for. 

     Yes, not now. For his own good. 

What's this?

You are currently reading Lebron James Deserves an NBA Championship Ring. But Not Now. at our daily bore.

meta

comments powered by disqus

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...